Sunday, March 25, 2012

My new blog

I am very excited at taking on the challenge of creating a blog.  I remember when I was in the 6th grade, I bought my first journal with the grand intention of documenting my thoughts, experiences, and feelings so I could some day look back and reflect on what I have done in my life.  Well, today sitting at my computer I can tell you that unfortunately my plan did not succeed.  Sadly I realize that as I grow older, the memories of my past have faded to dull recollections that seem like fuzzy dreams.  The idea that my own life is effectively "falling through my fingers" scares the hell out of me.  Can you imagine not having any stories to tell your children or grandchildren about "when I was a kid?"  Life's memories are all we have to hold on to when we grow old and grey.  It's these thoughts that we can look back on and hopefully think, "boy my life sure was interesting wasn't it?"  

With this in mind, I decided I want to share and document my thoughts on one of my great passions, cycling!  From what drives me to ride in the rain or what erks me on the road, I will let you in on whats going on in my head.  It is my hope to create a community of followers that will enjoy and relate to what I go through before, during or after a day on the saddle.  Even if you are not a cyclist I think you can learn something or even relate to my feelings of desire, angst, frustration, excitement and hope, because we all do! 

So, thank you for listening, and enjoy my blog. 

Sincerely, Spinning Gear


No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to share your thoughts and experiences!